Re: Sunroof size

In a message dated 12/7/00 4:36:09 AM Pacific Standard Time, aaron@makuta.com
writes:

Be careful trying to put an aftermarket sunroof in your 'rocco.  My '84 had
one that replaced the stock sunroof that once existed, and apparently there
were leaks around the outside, because there was a lovely bead of silicone
all the way around.  It also leaked pretty badly at the glass.  I don't know
how old it was, but at any rate, consider your decision to cut a hole in
your roof *very* carefully before you actually do it.  It also hurts the
lines of the car and makes it look bad, IMO.

I would like to second this. Aftermarket sunroofs really suck. My dads old
Grand prix had one, and it was continually leaking (why someone would buy a
brand new car and put in an aftermarket roof only to trade it in a year later
is beyond me). I wouldn't even bother screwing with it, it's not worth the
aggrevation later.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)