Re: Fog lights (for sale!)

Aaron (and anyone else),

This reminds me of something I've been meaning to do
for some time:

About a year (almost two, maybe?) ago, I had just
bought a brand new set of Bosh driving lights. A month
or so later, I decided to install European bumpers.
Since the bottom of the Euro bumpers doesn't have a
flat place to mount the lights, I never mounted them
on the new bumper. IMHO, the bumpers are *so* much
smaller, it makes the lights look too huge, anyway.

Anyway, I still have the driving lights and they're in
"as new" condition, used on my car less than two
(summer) months, even still in the original package
with all the hardware, etc. I'm traveling right now,
so I can't verify if they are Pilots or not, but I can
check when I get home this weekend. They exactly
matched the rectangluar ones that were on the car when
I got it, which may have been dealer installed...I
don't know for sure. The old lights even had a rock
guard that also fits the new ones (included), though
the new ones didn't come with any such guard. If I
remember correctly, I paid a little over $50 for them.

Aaron gets first dibs if he replies before the weekend
is over, but I'm open to any reasonable offer...

Neal

--- Aaron Aunins <aarons16v@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
>     I've been thinking of getting some fog-lights to
> complement my crappy
> sealed beam headlights.  I was wondering what type
> of lights (Hella, Bosch)
> came as a stock option for 87 16Vs.  I've seen a
> late 80s Mk2 with Bosch
> Pilots, and my 87 Quantum has Hella 550s (or 450s,
> I'm not really sure).
> I'd like to get what would have been original.
> Any input is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Aaron

=====