Re: Can i Do This??

Accidi2000@aol.com wrote:

> Hi list,
>
>  I need to change out my right engine motor mount and my front, is this
> possible to do with little tools and a floor jack or not???
>
> --

Well,

Yes you can do it. It will be easy doing the front- One of the two bolts
holding the starter/ mount bracket may be a socket head, or both may be
conventional hex head bolts, depends. Removal and reinstall are pretty
straight forward. Having the floor jack avail to realign the motor is helpful.

The Right side (are you inside the car when you mean R. side?) is
commonly known as the Passenger side (because the majority drive on the
Right side of the road, blah, blah, blah).

This puppy is hard to get out because of:

1. The tight space &
2. The use of a Hex head bolt on at least one of the mount's bolts. Grrrrr.

You will need to support the motor's weight when you get the thing out,
you will need to get the new one pressed in (unless you get one already
pressed into a mount bracket)*, and you will need to get some of the tin
shrouding out of your way to get at all the bolts.

* Getting the old mount out of the bracket is not too hard, you can just
cut it out, being careful not to score the bracket.

hth,
TBerk
Speaking in 'off the top of my head' mode.