16V Exhaust ?

I just got back from the Pic-n-Pull after scoring a 16V rear sway bar and
SciroccoGTI badges for my newly acquired 79 MK1 and I have a question. While
I was under that 16V I noticed how nice that SS exhaust system looked, can I
use any or all of this Mk2 exhaust on my Mk1? It seems that I must be able
to use some of it since they are both A1 chassis, but I seem to remember
reading that Mk2's had different exhaust routing. I also remember reading
that there were small or large spare wheel wells in the different years (84
change over?). The car I'm looking at is a 86 16V and I would like to put
what I can on a 79 Scirocco. Thanks for any help or suggestions you might
have.
Britt
Britt's Hillcountry Water Treatment