Re: 160 MPH Speedometer...

In a message dated 12/4/00 6:02:20 PM Pacific Standard Time, vwvr6r@fiber.net
writes:

Yep, I pulled a 160 mph Motometer from my wrecked 88 Scirocco.  I plan
to put it in my turbo-Rabbit.  The 85 mph speedo in there doesn't cut
it.  Was it a pain in the ass getting it in your Rabbit?  Does the
Scirocco cluster fit in there ok?

Mike

Basically, after you wire it up you just need to push the back in there and
the 2 dowel things that stick out of the sides will rest on the lower part.
The plug on the left won't clear the steering column bracket, so I just
unclipped it from the cluster and put some tape over the terminals to keep it
from grounding out. Then, the top part where the lights are pops in at the
top and holds it in place. Some have suggested brackets for this, but I have
found this to be unnecessary. Once you push the bezel back on, the cluster
will look and fit perfectly, with no movement.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)