TECH reminder: For all with ALTERNATOR problems

Folks,

If you've had/done an alternator rebuild R&R'd into your roc and you are
still having charging problems, make sure to check that ALL connections to
and from the alternator are sound and firm.  A few years before I got into
mechanical work, I dropped a wad of cash on getting my charging system
diagnosed for merely a loose wire (not visible, but one you'd have to crank
on to tighten).

Also, for those suspecting their alternators, FIRST make sure it ain't the
dang regulator on the side of the alternator.  It's simple; just unscrew the
two Phillip heads (not mine, 'course - I'm already screwed) and check the
brushes.... A mere $20 part....  Maybe that will save your butt time,
energy, and moolah.  My alt has 250k on it....

-PK