Re: More '84 Ambiguities

  No mystery there.

  Same gas tank as you had in your 83.9

  My 84 which I bought November 83 was also built some time before that.
Remember that they were built in Germany, had to be shipped across here,
shipped to the dealer and then sold. I doubt the car you buy January 1st
was built that same morning :-)

  That said, those cars shipped with regular, full sized spares, which
fit alongside the gas tank. When people clamored for more fuel autonomy,
VW responded by putting in space saver tires and a larger tank, circa
mid 1984.

  Then we started saying how we want real tires. So they came up with
large tanks and large tires.

	Jean-Claude
	84 8v, (in hibernation)
	ICQ 47403427