Re: Another Mk1 owner joins the ranks

--- Nate Mellom <bronson@inwave.com> wrote:
> And the result?  I'm picking up my winter driver this
> afternoon!!!

Congrats dood!!!

Since salt killed a majority of the Mk 1 Sciroccos (they
did NOT hold up well):

Consider either

a) driving the '84 for the winter (I know, not really
feasable), or
b) undercoat the living SHIT out of the '81, and rinse out
the salt & crap at least weekly.  It *will* live longer
that way.

> Some things I know I need to do:
> Replace oil temp gauge (gone),

Need one?  I've got one or two layin' around.

> Replace both speedo and tach bulbs (Mk1 owners, help?
> I'm sure I can
> figure it out but.....)

Not difficult - remove the sliders for the heat controls,
and remove the radio.  You'll see a screw to the left of
the radio opening - unscrew this, unplug the wiring harness
and speedo cable, and the whole dash bezel comes out.
Installation is the reverse of removal.  ;)

> Replace windshield, crack is worse than I thought

Ewww - I still gotta do this on my '80.  :(

Enjoy your new ride!!!!

=====
Daun Yeagley
'80 Scirocco S,
'82 Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
'91 Passat
"Money doesn't buy you any friends, but it will get you a better class of enemy."