Re: [elec] lights dimming

In a message dated 12/1/00 12:06:14 AM Eastern Standard Time,
foxxinabox@core.com writes:

<<  i noticed that the lights on my '85 don't seem to
 be as bright as those on my '86 (haven't checked it yet with a
 voltmeter), however i did notice one strange thing. for some reason or
 another i honked my horn while driving at night and noticed that my
 lights dimmed slightly. it does this despite which horn button i press. >>

  How old is the alternator? First thing you might do is look over the
connections for the charging system, i.e. alternator leads, battery, grounds.
Make sure they're tight and clean. Then I'd have the alternator checked.
   Who's holding all these pennies?

Carl
77rocco
89fox