Re: Suggestion for the Scirocco List (techies especially)

Phil,

As a long time member, and frequent poster (of both kinds of messages) I
can say this is 'Vuja De, all over again'.

Many times in the past we (the list) have had periodic 'Please Shape Up'
post like this one, and you are dead on, things have slipped a bit.

Some of our most valued members have gone off list because of the chaff
vs wheat berries syndrome.

Some suggestions for posting I remember off the top of my head, (besides
regular email manners):

- Preface your Subject line with a category; [A/C] or [Engine] or some
thing relevant.

- Make the Subject recognizable. Sometimes people use teasers to entice
some one to read the contents, like: A Few Questions about... and then
continue the rest inside. Please make it clear, there are few who care
to read most every message and can filter better this way.

- Read the replies before posting your own. This one I am guilty of
often, I reply and end up as a 'Me Too!'.

- The use of [OT] is recognizable as Off Topic. While OT threads in
general are not appreciated by all, at least if you spec it so it can be
bypassed as needed.

I have a thread about this very subject on my old machine, a searching I
will go...

Not meaning to sound harsh, (it's not MY list after all) I would still
ask us all to be mindful of the others online, and respect the wishes if
made in good faith.

Lastly a thought for consideration is that while we are brought together
by a common interest in Sciroccos and while they are a mechanical
device, it is not just Tech Info that has us here (I personally have
learned a lot myself)-
In addition to the Gear Head jones, there is an aspect of community here
that is a benefit of being on the list. Still, we need not overfeed the
Golden Goose.

TBerk