RE:TECH: New Mk1 issues..was:, Another Mk1 owner joins the ranks

Nate,

1. The sound from the rear might be the rear wheel bearings.
These are fairly easy to replace, might as well check/replace the rear shoes
and brake cylinders while you're in there.

2. Oil pressure and Oil Temp are the ones I'd recommend. If you get them
from a wrecking yard pull the senders as well.

3. Instrument bulbs are real easy to replace once you get the cluster out,
just twist 90deg and pull.

4. There are white plastic clips on the rear feet of the chair that usually
break, I think the dealer may still have them, should solve the rocking
chair effect.

HTH

Randy B
Mars 81S - techtonics tuning 1847cc 8V
Cosmos 81S - future project - dreaming of 200-220hp.
87 Jetta GLI 16V - daily driver