Alignment Q

Okay, I dropped my car about an inch with H&R springs and Bilsteins a
few days ago... now I'm supposed to get the car re-aligned, right?

My tires are getting balder and balder and I'm long overdue for new
ones, but I don't want to spend money on new tires for my beat teardrops
so I'm gonna get new wheels too. Its strange - my left rear tire seems to
be wearing mostly on the inner side of the tire. If I recall correctly the
Scirocco rear alignment is not adjustable except with special shims..
should I do something about this? If it makes a difference these are
radials and when I put them on I had no idea which way they had been
spinning on the previous car since they came to me a pile. Could changing
directions on a radial tire cause this type of wear?

My main question is should I wait until I get new wheels and tires to get
it aligned? It might be a few weeks or a month... do the tires and wheels
even affect alignment? I haven't done this before so I don't know.

I did the passenger side tie rod boot (PS) a couple months ago and I need
to do the driver side too since I just found out its ripped, so I'm gonna
take care of that before the alignment for sure.

Lastly, a lot of people here seem to like custom alignment specs, usually
negative camber... I'm not set on having a stock alignment, but I'd like
to have whats best for my driving style. Quick turning response would be a
plus, although I haven't yet tried autocrossing - I'm a street driver,
but I like twisty roads at high speeds. What should I tell the folks at
the alignment shop? And how much should I expect to pay? $30-$40?

Thanks,

-Toby

--
'87 16v