Re: Timing - 1.6 w/ hydraulic head

i havent been following this thread too much

You DO mean cam bearing caps right? Not followers?

with respect to the head I.D. does your uppper radiator hose come out of the
head between #3 and #4 spark plug area? If so then you have a 1.8L head. If
it comees out between #1 and #2 spark plugs then you have a 1.5,1.6,1.7L
head.

Modification telltales are the oil return galleys. The one between #2 and #3
spark plug areas will be larger than the receiving end @ the block. there
will also be one between #1 and #2 that will be completely blocked off. I
have done this a few times before and have had pretty good results.

>Positive the head is hydraulic (only four cam
>followers) and Ive been informed by two listers that
>the EE engine code means this thing is a 1.6. Where
>can I look for modifications? Are the bolt patterns
>completely different?

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA