Re: 1.7 -> 2.0 swap

--- Michael Carlson <m-carlson@home.com> wrote:
> > > Would a 2.0 8V drop in with reasonable ease?
> >
> > If your talking an A3 2.0, it will fit, but there
> are
> > clearance issues, click on the engine swap link
> here
> > for more info:
> >
> > http://www.volkswagen.org/
>
> Thanks for the link!  I'll be sure to check it out.
>
> Shine Racing Service sells a 2.0l "Tallblock"
> shortblock (for a price, of
> course), as well as an "adapter kit" to fit in
> A1/A2/A3 vehicles.  Looks
> like it's a built-up ABA engine.  Do you think it
> will have clearance
> issues, also?  (Info can be found at
> http://www.srsvw.com/eng.htm--about
> halfway down the page.)  I haven't done much
> shopping for transplant engines
> yet, so feel free to offer your opinions.

The ABA is the VW A3 2.0 block, and you will have
clearance issues that Victor addressed in another
post.

HTH

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM

For Sale: Various VW 13" Steel Wheels - free - you haul.