Re: what's the deal with the snake?

Mark Mages wrote:

> I was just pokin around on Ebay, and found this 'team
> scirocco' patch with a rattlesnake on it.  What
> exactly does a rattlesnake have to do with sciroccos?

That patch is a VERY authentic reproduction of an early '80s patch that VW
sold, along with a lot of other "Team Scirocco" merchandise, including
crap like windbreakers.  I have the brochure here someplace.  That repro
was done by listers Randy Block & Dave Guido, and it's them who are selling
them on Ebay.

The rattlesnake comes from the early cars being called "Sidewinders".

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0