[Fwd: DUBFEST2K update 8/29/00]

Dubfest update.. the auto-x has indeed been canceled...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: DUBFEST2K update 8/29/00
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 17:16:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: dubfest@abac.com
To: kcollins1@socal.rr.com

Hello fellow DUBHEADS!!!

DUBFEST2K is less than a week away!  Are you ready?!  We are expecting some
heavy hitters from all over the Western United States.  Some dedicated
DUBHEADS are traveling from such places as Canada, Washington, Oregon, Nevada,
New Mexico, and Arizona!!!  Make sure that you get to meet all the fellow DUB
enthusiasts at the show!  After all, this is the time to talk some hardcore
"shop" with your fellow brethren (& sistren ?!?!)

Well, as you hopefully already know, Irwindale Speedway is the venue for this
year's DUBFEST.  And what would be more exciting at a racetrack than being on
the track?  Well, that's exactly what you are going to experience!  DUBFEST2K
will take place on the infield of the 1 1/2 mile oval.  We will be surrounded
by the stands, the fences, the flags... you get the picture!  Some prime
picture opportunities that day!

The placement of the show cars will be a strictly "first come, first serve"
basis.  The first cars will be parked closest to the DUBFEST2K booth and other
vendor booths.  So.. to ensure that prime spot (even with a large club), make
sure that you are there at 7:00 a.m.  Cars will begin rolling into the
facility at 7:30 a.m.  Remember, your show entrance fee is only for you and
your car.  Any additional passengers (limit 1 extra per car) will be $10.00
each for entry.

And... for all of you expecting to witness crazy autocross action, we have
some bad news for you:  Due to the extremely LOW NUMBER OF pre-registrations
for Autocross, and even less inquiries about autocrossing,  the autocross was
cancelled due to obvious reasons.  We cannot justify a full blown autocross
with timing, facility and medical personnel for less than 10 cars.  Hopefully
next year there will be more advance interest in a "MOTORSPORT EVENT" to be
incorporated into DUBFEST3.  We are open to any suggestions, we are even
contemplating an 1/8th mile drag/sprint!!!!

So, for all of you that don't know the new directions/venue: see
http://www.dubfest.com/directions2k.html
For hotel reservations, and a list of local car washes:  see
http://www.dubfest.com/hotels2k.html

One more note...... if you haven't planned for it already, please bring some
refreshments (water, soda, etc...) and some serious shade.  It'll be a hot
one!!!!  Just make sure you clean up after yourself!

I'll talk to you soon,
Art Santos
EUROSHOWS