Re: Flex hoses SUCK!!!

> Well, as I was awaiting my turn to get on the freeway, I noticed my car
> running hotter than usual... so I get out and there's no water in it!
> (Blown rad hose.)  I fix the hose with a flex hose (yes, I know, Mickey
> Mouse but when you're stuck on the side of a freeway with no duct tape...)

****Hey if it works it works, Ive done and seen worse, (hangers and washers, Eh
Shannon?)

> My question is.... how does a cracked block behave?

****I Think it is more likely that you cracked the head (if anything cracked),
either way if it is cracked this is no good, watch your exaust color and oil
and coolant levels.

>  I dont think I blew the
> head gasket but I had no choice but to pour cold water into the somewhat
> still hot engine. ( traffic cop was bugging me to get the HELL OFF THE
> FREEWAY!!!)

****I dont think you coulda hurt the engine any more than if you wouldn't have
put water in it. Im shure the water warmed up pretty darn quick once it was
pumped through the engine.

Nathan