Re: K & N filter stuff

I have been told by a K&N salsemen that this is the ONLY way to clean your
K&N.  I have done it and it works great!  you can use the K&N cleaning
solution, but it doesn't work as good as this way!

Fill a pan with warm water and dish soap (Joy etc.)  slosh the K&N on both
sides untill the water looks dirty.  Make shure to do this gently, and do
not scrub, or use compressed air to clean it.  Do this 2-3 times untill the
filter element is white in color.
Refill the pan with clean warm water with no soap, and slosh it on both
sides, do this with 2-3 pans of h2o or untill no more soap comes out of the
filter. Allow it to dry completly.
Spray the K&N filter oil on the filter, do several light coats,and spread
them apart as to not get any drips.  Make shure to spray both sides untill
they are nice and dark purple.

Jason Arms (Essex, VT)

'87 Scirocco 16v
'88 Jetta GLI 16v (New winter car)