From: Mark Peele <type53@yahoo.com>
To: <tiAn@usiw.net>
Cc: Scirocco LIST <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2000 12:10 PM
Subject: Re: Fix: 16V Hard Start

--- tiAn@usiw.net wrote:
> Score another save for the 'rocco list.
>
> The Load Reduction Relay turned out to be the
> culprit, swapped in one from
> my (de) parted GTI and the Scirocco fired right up.
> Now I just have to go
> back and unmangle the mixture and timing, since I
> had cheated before running
> it way rich and way advanced to fire up.
>
> As a side note, the part number from the GTI and
> Scirocco differed by an 'a'
> suffix on the Scirocco part, but same 171 937 xxxx.
> Any idea if this may be
> a problem to watch? The schematics match, as do the
> spades, and more
> importantly it works...
>
> Thanks much.
>
> Christian
> 87 16V

just for future reference (for my Golf GT), and
because I'm a CIS-E moron, where is the Load Reduction
Relay?

TIA!

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM

For Sale: Various VW 13" Steel Wheels - free - you haul.