?'s about install of Autotech Fuel enrichment device

Howdy listers.  I took the opportunity last night to install my 'new to me'
Autotech Fuel Enrichment device into my 86 (or is that an 86.5) 16V.  It
didn't have instructions with it, but being the bright guy that I am, I went
to the autoblech web site and copied them down (no printer, I am not *that*
bright heheh).  anyways, it was all straightforward except for one part;
finding the cold pressure regulator thingamabob.  The bentley said it was on
the block, but I thought I found it on the air box.  I plugged it into the
dealy that was on the air box, and the car started ok and seems to run a
little stronger on the top end.  However, I do get some hesitation at higher
rpms in 4th and 5th gear, and the car doesn't like to start easily when
cold.  It seems like I have to crank it for 10 seconds 2 or 3 times before
it'll catch.  Did I plug it into the wrong dealy, or do I have a setting
off?  I put the device to what the setting was for an unmodified 1.8 16V, I
think that is 5 or 6.  Any help or ideas are appreciated, thanks!
Ryan
86 16V