Re: Clutch job

At 09:54 PM 8/24/00 -0500, freshapple wrote:
>The best clutch I could find for a stock set up would be made by Brute
>Power Clutch (BW)
>
>DISC & PLATE KIT
>NEW,#per car : 1,Year :
>86-88,Notes : 8-3/8"
>Disc, 28 Spline 3/8" Hub.
>Part # 90505

http://www.carparts.com/parts/sample.asp?OrderIdentifier=ID30714350496000251
reflink=43290-0-0-0-0&SegmentId=1parttypeid=1057&vehicleid=43290catalogid=&p
artnum=NONE&dc=

>This seems to be the best application as it is the largest size disc.
>Anyone else have any thoughts or want to reinforce this choice, I need
>to do my clutch soon also and this is the one I am thinking of going
>with?  I don't think a throwout bearing is included with this kit either
>and should be replaced along with a new clip too.  Anything else I
>forgot?
>
>DanK

I would personally go with a stock Sachs kit, but that is me.  I did buy a
Brute Force kit (Borg Warner) about 4 years ago-hadn't heard of the
Pottermans yet.  I didn't use the PP and dug it out last summer for my MkI
2.0 16V and one of the bolt holes was off, so it was junk.  But the disc
itself seems good.  The T/O bearing probably is included  (mine was) and
you can replace it if you want, they don't go bad often since they're in
the Transaxle.  I don't know what clip you are talking about though.  Have
you tried Potterman for a quote?

John