Re: 16V Scirocco top speed

At 11:43 PM -0400 8/21/00, Brett Van Sprewenburg wrote:
>Well, if you can possibly believe it, Jason (TMB) and I were going
>somewhere past 132 mph a couple of days ago...probably close to 135
>or more....oh my gawd fast in one of these cars...
>
>==Brett

I made a solid indicated 225kph a couple of times in my car last year, when
it had the Schrick 276es and a 2Y gearbox.  215/40/16 tires, btw.  I never
bothered to do the math and correct the figure, but the 2Y was the original
gearbox and the tires were within a couple percent of stock...

The motor didn't appear to be too thrilled with turning 7000+rpm in 5th,
incidentally :)