Re: Musings....need help finding something

-- Night Shadow <soltwede@privateI.com> wrote:

> OK, with all this talk of people converting to 2.0
> 16vs, especially into
> Mk1s, I have been re-thinking my swap.  I don't want
> to do something that
> everyone else has done already.....so my thoughts
> have again turned to
> TDI.  I would need a complete donor car....I was
> wondering if you all
> would keep your eyes out for a wrecked TDI in the
> papers or junkyards...I
> know they are hard to find so I don't have my hopes
> up, but if I run into
> a decent price I might just try it!
>
> Eric
>
> 80 Scirocco (GF's Daily Driver)
> 81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration
> in progress)
> (Could be the first Mk1 Rocco TDI?)

I guess you'll need a "for diesel" tank, I assume a
Rabbit diesel tank will work.

Ambitious soul - - - why not a 1.8T?

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)