Re: Low mileage '81 'roc, was Re: '78 Scirocco w/ 9000 miles

Daun. et al.,

I spoke to that lady and I discovered that that Scirocco had been the one
which a stealership was once advertising in the paper.  I don't know if any
of you recall, but I was inquiring about Mk1 Wolfsburg edition Scirocco (to
which I had discovered that none really existed).  That was the car. I don't
know what it made it a Wolfsburg edition but all I can say is that the lady
knew jack sheit about Mk1 Rocco's.

I inquired about wht made her rocco a Wolfsburg edition rocco and she said
that the wood grain as well as the stripes on the seats.  I told her that
all scirocco were like that.  Well, she says, her Mk1 was produced in
Germany.  I guess she needs to do a bit a research about the car.

Nonetheless, she was asking an absurd amount.  Did I mention that I
approached her about the price that she was asking.  I was blunt and told
her that the car was advertised by the stealership for about $6000.  Now
she's asking $10 000!  That's where our conversation ended and I moved on
thinking about my project and how much I'm gonna sell my car. lol!

Sal