Re: Engine swap dilema. My current engine is dying.

--- Wing Gee <winggee@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Well.. looks like my 1.6 finally said good bye. The
> thrust bearings on the
> engine is bad and from it being bad, it pushed the
> seals out and now it's
> pissing oil. So which leads me to the next thing..
> WHAT ENGINE?!?!
>
> since this is my daily driver i need it fixed fairly
> fast. so next week i
> plan to goto those junk yard auctions and see what i
> can get.
>
> I'm limited to an 8v motor cause i have an arkay
> turbo kit. This is what
> i've been told.. A G60, JH, or a 2L. But also, i
> don't want this to be a
> budget killer, i'm trying to save as much money as
> possible. That's why next
> week i can find a wrecked or rolled over gti or
> something that has a JH in
> it and i can yank the engine and tranny out of it.
> Since i only have a 4
> speed in it right now. It'll have a 5 now.
>
> What do you guys think?

If you're on a budget, the JH is the way to go! No
issues with high compression, and it'll work great
with your existing injection.

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)