From: Dan Brideau [mailto:dan@hobbyetc.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 20, 2000 10:41 PM
To: T Berk; Julie Macfarlane
Cc: Org Scirocco-L@Scirocco.
Subject: Re: transaxle types

Is there anyone who has done this?  I'm VERY
interested.  I make a 2 hour trip on the highway
once a week.  The 'faster than 75mph 16V screem'
can get to you after a while.

It would be cool to put along in a tall 5th.

Dan Brideau
http://www.hobbyetc.com/scirocco/

> Why not just replace the 5th gear for a taller
one? That way you can
> have the sportyness of the lower gears and have
a tall 5th for cruising.

> From what I understand you can drop that side of
the trans/eng down, pop
> the end cap (have a replacement handy), and
install the 5th without