Project updates

Yesterday was a good one in my project Rocc's little world. At six years
since I purchased the car it is about time that this long strange trip
finally begin to wind down. Here's the latest update with some details:

1) Mk1 Jetta GLi dash fully installed with Scirocco 16v guage cluster.
Welding in mounting tabs heated the corner of the windshield
sufficiently to crack it. Oops. -good thing that I've got another one.

2) Techtonics 2.25" exhaust (16v non-cat racing downpipe and Borla
muffler) sounds GORGEOUS! It starts out as a quiet yet throaty rumble
and then turns into a snappy bark with just a hint of crackle when you
lift. At 7500rpms it roars with an intimidating note -scared me and
another bystander anyway...

3) Power steering feels lighter than what I'd call ideal. There's gotta
be a way to calm that assist down a little, yah?

4) My rear beam is bent on the passenger's side with about 5deg of
negative camber. F$$$$K! :^(

6) The front tires will spin for days if I let them. The Mad Bastard
will get a run for his money next year. Heh heh...
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut

Check out our rally team's website!