Re: On Topic and Outta Control

> My 78 is totally apart for restoration and a major
> engine swap.  I am
> prepping the body for paint, welding a few cracks
> and rusty spots and
> replacing most of the rubber seals.  I am almost
> done with the fiberglass
> repair to my Zender Exclusiv kit and should begin
> molding it into the body
> by mid winter.  The motor is the exciting part
> though.  I am matching up a
> 1.8 87 16V Roc head with a 95 golf ABA bottom end.
> Yes it's complicated and
> will yield only 8:1 compression .......but thats
> good because it is also
> getting a Garret T3 turbo, intercooler and
> programmable ignition.  Im
> shooting for 250+ HP at 15lbs boost.  The car will
> be streetable if the CA
> smog Nazis let me pass with my old certified RD swap
> sticker.
>
> I am also wiring up a 16V dash, MFA cluster and
> removing the A/C completely.
> Full roll cage and coilovers are on the menu before
> Capitol Caper 2001.
>
> So that is what Im doing in the 5 minutes a day that
> work/kids/wife/life
> doesn't take up.

You remain a maniac!

> What are you doing that's COOL???

Nothing.

Working on the house we bought last year. This means
cars, band, everything cool is neglected. Shite. One
more room to go on the renovation.

Project status.

1982 Scirocco:
is in the garage, waiting for me to plop in the RD
motor that is sitting on a pallet in front of it. This
car will have the euro ex. manifold, TT DP, and
exhaust. I plan to outfit with KS after I get it
running.  Will keep the F tranny for now (no money to
rebuild the extra 9A trannies I have at this point).

1987 Golf GT:
part of the PS bracket for the pump busted off. I hate
PS anyway, so I got a manual rack for it. I also got
some Bilstein HDs for the thing. Also, I got a deal on
a wide ratio (I do a lot of highway travel in this
thing) ASY A2 tranny for it (thanks to Gary), which
Dave Fertal outfitted with 100mm flanges (thanks
Dave!) Once all this is done, the car get's new
Tornado Red paint.

1978 Scirocco (Kristen's car):
I have a JH (thanks to Peter) that I will drop in
along with a FF/FN 5 speed that I have laying around.
Then comes body stripping and new Diamond Silver
Metallic paint - this will follow the projects above.

1981 Scirocco S:
Is laying dormant. My plan for this car is to meet or
exceed european 1981 Scirocco GTi specifications (The
Scirocco GTi has been my dream car since about 1977).
It will be restored as such. This will commence some
time next year. I have most of the components - this
car will be renewed to be as close to showroom
appearance as possible.

1972 VW Bus
Considering buying this for carting the kids around
town. Needs motor work . . . I need another project.

You might say I'm not bored . . .

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)