Audi Handles ?

    Well, I have given up the rust battle on my doors. So the plan was to
shave them and have solenoids to open them. Then a friend of mine brought up
the good point about taking the car on the track. They might not look to
kindly at a car with no handles, do to crash, God forbid. Anyway I want to
change the doors look. So the question is. Has anyone had any experience with
Audi door handles?

I know I'm going to have to find a few Audi doors with handles and cut and
weld and paint and the whole nine. But are the handles mechanically the same
under the skin as the VW handles? Or do I need the locking mech. and post?
Which one would be the best? I really want to get both sides without looks.
Like the rear doors of an A4.

Anyway feed back on experience would be good
Thanks
~Danny~
88 16v