Re: Close-ratio tranny question

Off topic a little, I just want to clear things up a little....

So the 85 and up roccos have 100mm flanges (or 4 inches as Car Quest would
say).
What size is the shaft on the CV joint.  Just from looking, my 84 and 86 seem
to have the save size chaft on the outer CV.

My mom's 86 Cabriolet has a larger diameter outer CV spline shaft.  What size
is this?  I know my 30mm socket still fit it's axle nut.   When I orderd her
1/2 shaft (from car quest), they shipped one with 100mm flanges and a smaller
dia. shaft.  I actually had to go to their warehouse and look at all their VW
shafts to find the correct size!  It turned out, the shaft that worked was
for an '91 or newer Jetta.. WTF

Thanks for clerification
Ben
84 & 86 8v