No start..1.7 8v CIS (1978 Rocco)

Ok,...replaced the clutch this weekend.  Broke the distributor cap during
this process.  Got everything back together.  Car won't start!  This is my
biggest question.  If I pull a injector, turn the key to the "ON" position,
The injector sprays.  Is this correct?  I thought the injectors only sprayed
when the venturi plate was raised?  Now,....the fuel mixture screw is
something that I have not played with much before.  (not on an 8v with CIS)
If I turn this 3mm hex counter clock-wise until fully closed, how many turns
should I adjust back out?  Please help,...this car ran and idled fine before
this.  I did buy a new dist.cap which I reinstalled the wires in a 1,3,4,2
order.  Top right is #1, bottom right is #3, etc.
Please help!
Chris