Gas tank leak

Hi,
I had a leak that showed itself when I filled the tank. The stealer had
done the gas tank recall last year. I brought it back to them to see if
it was the tank that was leaking which they would do for free. I get a
call that they could not find a leak. I reminded them that it was only
when the tank was full They would fill the tank if I would pay for the
gas. I told it was fine. The next call is that a "fuel filter" #533 201
511a that sits on the side of the gas tank is the leak and I could have
it changed for $300! No way, I'll do it. When I get the car, the seat is
out the access hole is open and the gas hoses disconnected. I hook them
up and try to start the car. Gas pouring out on the ground. The fool,
uh, tech had broken off the connector from the transfer pump. $37 for
the part, a 2 hour change, and still leaking! I plan on going crazy on
them on Monday.
This part isn't on the VW CD diagram, but does show as a good part #.
Could the gravity valve cause this type of leak? What else is there that
could leak?
Thanks,
John