[mk2] headlight question

  on my '86 scirocco, i ended up bumping another car a while back. after
we got the car pulled back out, i noticed that my driver-side headlight
assembly set back (almost under the hood) while the passenger-side
assembly stook out a little further (about 1/2"). i didn't think much of
it until i looked a the headlights of my '85 tonight and noticed the
same thing. difference is the '85 doesn't look like it was in an
accident (not on that corner, at least). anyone else have this same
experience? should my assemblies stick out the same depth? thanx.

--
 /\_/\   Foxx (in a box)
< o o >  http://foxx.tripod.com