Re: where to buy supersprint

Hi!

I bought full Supersprint exhaust system for may MK II
16v Scirocco 1 month ago. To my surprise it's a damn
quiet system. It only starts to make noises if you press
it to the end. On normal driving conditions it's as quiet
as the stock system. But it does add some power as I
dynoed it before and after I saw e 4,5Kw/6Hp power
gain, but I think it adds more if your engine is in good
shape. My engine is not, as the valves are clicking and
it's burning oil too much (actual power gain was from
93,5kW to 98 kW, but my stock should be 102kW (KR
engine code)) and I have also a Jamex airbox installed.

What surprised me was that I ran head to head on a
dragrace with another 16v Scirocco whitch had a lot of
enginework done and this Scirocco was dynoed 168Hp
/123kW and he won me with half a meter. (actual 1/4 mile
times where 16.04 and mine 16.13). I got ahed on a start,
but he picked up on longer distance as he had very small
tires wich gave him and advantage in gearing. I ran 3rd
gear to limiter at 1/4 mile and he ran 4th gear to redline
at 1/4 mile distance (He had very rare 185/50/14" tires).

About the Supersprint system, when you have the chance
to buy it, it is possible to get quite good discounts on it.
Mine was around 50%. :)

Where to buy? Dunno, I bought from Finland if it helps
you.

Lauri!
'84 1.8 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.ttu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
I finally added nothing new to my site!