Cams

Title: Cams

With all the talk about cams lately, I've started to wonder. Since I've got my head apart anyway, should I slap in a new cam? The motor is a stock 1.8 bottom end with a hydraulic 1.8 top end. I just got through cleaning up the ports. I removed enough material to match up the gaskets on the head with both manifolds. My compression ratio is 10:1, and I'm going back with a set of stock valvesprings and lifters. Is a 270 degree cam going to ruin my bottom end torque? Is anybody on the list running a 270?