Re: Still looking for a 16V Transmission? Help!

My suggestion to you is to call every junkyard within a 60 mile radius of
your area.  I went to/called about 6-8 before I found one that had a 2Y for
a decent price.  I found one out of an 86 gti for $350.  If have yet to see
if it's any good yet...but if you want a newer/remanufactured one you're
looking at around spending anywhere from 750-1000 bucks.

>Hello,
>
>	I don't mean to be a pain in the ass with my want ads but I could
>really use a 16V TRANSMISION asap. Anyone? I need to buy one fast
>because Im going crazy not being able to drive my 16V Scirocco.
>(You guys know what it feels like)

Joe
'88 16v project, not running yet