Re: CV Joint woes...

Did you replace the your axle with a rebuilt one?  I have actually had the
Acei or whatever company that is that uses the green and white boxes come
with no grease in them.  So, now I rebuild all my own.  If I need a joint, I
replace it by itself.  BUT, if someone has or wants a cheap rebuilt axle, I
make sure to check and see if there is grease in the boots.  The hex head
bolts shouldn't be a problem but I would defineately replace them soon.
And, make sure you torque them correctly.  Those rebuilt axle scare me!!
But they are cheap!!!  I can get the 100mm axles for 49.95 ea! (my cost).
HTH!!

Dave
77 Rabbit 2.0L 16v
84 Scirocco