fuel pressure/won't run??

Finally got my tranny and distributor in today, everything put back together
right.  Only problem is I can't get it to run for more than 10-15 seconds.
It sounds great when it first cranks then sputters and dies.  I am
attributing this to fuel pressure.  All of the electrical hookups on the
airbox are on, and I know there is at least fuel coming through the filter
(I took it off and tried to crank it).  The timing is correct for the most
part.  Any suggestions on how to diagnose this?  I was thinking of putting a
pressure gauge on the fuel distributor to check the pressure.  Other than
that, I have no idea.
Thanks
Joe