Re: Shifting problem

> When i try to get into 1st gear, sometimes it's really hard to get
> it into
> gear. usually when i start going from 2nd to 1st it's fine. but
> when i go
> from 4th to 1st, it's really hard. like really tough.. i have to
> force it.
> is something wrong with the linkages? anybody know anything about

  if you're rolling (for the most part), then you're not supposed to be
able to go into first. it's a safety lockout feature thingy. if you're
stopped trying to get into first, try replacing the shift bushings. i
think there might be another reason, and if so, someone will chime in,
i'm sure.

> this?also is there anyway to make the clutch a little softer? it's
> like i have to
> stomp on the pedal.

  typical vw? seems like this on both my cars compared to some other
sticks i've been in. and this is after replacing the clutch and cable.

--
 /\_/\   Foxx (in a box)
< o o >  http://foxx.tripod.com