Re: [16v] Cold hesitation

Ok kiddies, I'll have a shot at this one.

If your sensor plate is binding whilst lifting it then it is out of
alignment. This can happen from an intake backfire due to a lean mixture
setting. READ your Bentley and it has the story about how to realign the
sensor plate in its hole. I have seen this happen a few times. Check it out.

>I have not encountered the same resistance on my airflow plate.  Maybe you
>should try lubricating the pivot point.  I can't really think of anything
>that would cause the plate to bind.  The fuel plunger should have fuel
>pressure behind it, so it will follow the plate position, but I can't
>imagine it binding the plate.
>
>One way to test your theory is to look at the DPR current while you crack
>the throttle open.  If you see the current drop while the throttle is open,
>that would tell you that the car is running lean and it's trying to richen
>the mixture.  Or maybe it's the other way...  I don't have a Bentley in
>front of me right now.
>
>Ian Overholt
>'88 16v
>'78 Champagne Edition