Re: body stuff, cheap

In a message dated 8/5/2000 04:00:34 GMT Daylight Time, foxxinabox@core.com
writes:

> > 30 deg.  How should I go about bending the hood back, and lowering the
cowl.

>  > One suggestion I had, to reduce the visability of the buckleing, is to
> paint
>  > the cowl flat black, like the B-pillars.  My car is grey, so it should
> blend
>
>    won't really look good unless you get a new cowl, imo. same thing
>  happened on my '85 before i bought it. we tried pounding the cowl back
>  down, but it only bent up in the middle. we had to align the hood almost
>  all the way forward to get it to not catch. luckily i got a decent hood
>  thrown in with the deal.

I have had 2 VW's with hood damage.  Strange, considering that there are TWO
latches and a saftey latch (which d/n work)

Where can you get a new cowl?  It looks as if they are spot welded to the
firewall.  I tried to take one off a junked Scirocco, all I could do is twist
and tear the metal.  If it is too much of a pain in the butt, I will just
paint the thing black, maybe with some other cheap tricks it will blend in
okay....