Re: One-person brake bleeding

I have used three different types on one-man brake bleeders in the past.

Vacuum pump (which you said you don't want but I'm talking about is as
general info.):  I've found them to work, but can be a pain in the @$$.
I've never gotten a good seal around the bleeder nipple on VWs (better
luck with other cars, though), and it gets tireing pumping that damn
thing, especially on the rear brakes.

That bottle thing:  if it's the one I'm thinking of, it worked well
enough, but was messy and not very durable.  I seem to have to replace
them every time I use them, and the bag fills up pretty quickly.  I'd
rather use a second person...

One-way valve: I had one of these a few years ago and lost it.  I've
never found one since, but it was simply a piece of tubing with a one-way
valve on the end.  Stick the valve in a bottle, and start hitting the
brake pedal.  It was beautiful!!  I wish I never lost it...  :-(

B.

'82 Scirocco (a.k.a. "Fritz")
'85 Jetta
'87 Porsche 944