Re: question about Poly strut mounts

Victor Farren wrote:

> While they do last longer, don't they make your car quite a bit more noisy and harsh?

   I have heard many a people say this, but I dont buy into it.  If your
ride is dependent on how your strut bearings absorb the road, then your
suspension isn't doing its job.  As far as noisy, nope... can't tell the
difference over the stock rubber.

I don't have poly mounts, but if there isn't much difference in
noise/harshness b/w stock and poly I will go for it.

> My car is already lowered w/ H&R and BOGE TurboGas, and in Washington DC, this provides a tolerable ride.  The roads here are TRASHED!

   Heh, try having 17s with Koni Sports, almost at full stiffness, about
1/2" of travel, & driving through downtown Seattle.  ZOINKS#@!$#@!  That
hurts!!!!   At that point, poly or rubber wont make a difference.  =p
IMHO, go for the poly.  Your bladder wont be able to the tell the
difference, and while your wallet will initially take the hit, you
should only get hit once.  SHAAZZAAAAM

 Andre' Bjorkheim
 Lime Green 79
 ICQ #76283458