RE: Carfax access..OUCH!!!

At 01:23 PM 4/28/2000 , Jared Erlandson wrote:

>OK, so I just jumped on that carfax site (thanks for the link Mike!) and
>checked my 87 16v...which I purchased 6 months ago with 90k miles.   Funny
>thing is that when it left Florida in 1996 it had 123k miles...but when the
>PO i got it from bought it in 1997 it had 78k miles.   Son of a
>bitch!!!!!!!!!  Now I"m all pissed off, but can't do a damned thing about
>it!
>
>So much form my "low miles" car.

Ouch! That sucks... sorry to hear that. :(

It seems CarFax has expanded their database-- because 2 "accidents" showed
up on my old Corolla's record from Florida-- the 1st was a curb that I
munched and had to get towed.  The second was a fraudulent "hit-and-run"
claim that someone made against me.  (The guy is in Jail now, I pressed
charges).

The Scirocco came back squeaky clean. :)

Jay

1987 Scirocco 16v
1989 Mercedes 190E Sport Euro

http://members.aol.com/rocco16v