From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Anthony Pelletier
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2000 5:29 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: synthetic tranny fluid

Hi everyone,

A few weeks back I changed a  six month old clutch due
to leaky trans seals.  (live and learn- I should have
changed the seals the first time)  I had been running
synthitic gear lube.  I changed the clutch along with
all the trans and rear main seals.  I also changed the
axle seals (which I did the first time and they were
already leaking a little.  Now after a few weeks I can
see the passenger side axle seal is already beginning
to leak- WTF!  I put the seals in right.  Is the fluid
more prone to leaking???  I can't believe this shit.
I am thinking about changing it to regular gear oil.
Anyone have any advice?  If I have to take that trans
out for the 3rd time this year I am going to look at
honda's. J/K

any info/advice is appreciated.
Tony