Re: synthetic tranny fluid

    OK, here's what's up. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the
reason that your seals started leaking is that your bearings had some
slop in them and were allowing the axles to move around a little in
their seals. You can replace the seals all you want and they'll still
leak. Get used to it, all VW's do it : ) AFAIK and IME and all that,
what you have to do is rebuild the transmission if you want to stop
this, or at least replace the output shaft bearings.
    -Josiah
    '87 GLI
    '84 GTI
    parts cars