trim piece needed.. semi-emergency!

My car is almost done.  The one fairly essential part that Potter couldn't
get for me new is the piece of black trim that goes behind the license plate.
The paint shop was aware that this piece was going to be difficult to obtain
and was instructed to remove it with care.  I tried to make it up there today
to see the car and check on that little detail but didn't make it, I'll go
by tomorrow.

IF they weren't able to preserve the thing - and from what Mike tells me it's
a bitch to get off in one piece - then I'll need another.  Anyone got one
lying around, or sitting on a parts car??  Another alternative is to simply
have them paint the area flat black.  I'll look at the car without it
tomorrow and see if that's a viable solution.  Any opinions on that idea?

The only part we're waiting for of any consequence is the rear window gasket,
which should show any day now from Germany.  Once that last stuff gets over
there, my car should be back together very quickly - the major work is
done.  ND will be the "coming out" party.. stand back, jack!

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA