Re: Valve Job and misc. questions

You might want to check your alternator.  I had one that was making a
tapping noise.  It had a bad bearing on the end opposite the belt. It felt
OK, but made noise.  Flip the belts off and see what noises go away.  You
can run it for a few moments without the water pump or alternator.

You can try a valve job in a bottle.  It's worked for me in the
past.  "Valve Medic" or some such thing.  I think the stuff does something
to clean the lifters.  Makes the noise go away, that's what I know for certain.

Dan Brideau
http://www.hobbyetc.com/scirocco/