Re: short shifter Q

To easily get the shifter out of a vehicle, you have
to get underneath, remove the rubber bootie that
covers the linkage, and remove the bolt that connects
the shifter to the long connector rod.  Then, pull the
shift boot up, take out the 2 bolts that secure the
shift plate assembly to the floor of the car, and take
the whole thing.  This can be broken down into 5-6
separate pieces at your own convenience.

As for re-threading, you'll have to find out the width
& pitch of the current system, and get a re-threader.
Easier to spend $30 on a momo short black anatomico.

Mark

--- "Foxx (in a box)" <foxxinabox@core.com> wrote:
> > I have cut 1.5 inches off my shifter, right before
> the curve.
>
>   on a related question, how do i pull the shifter
> out of another
> scirocco. i've never done it before, but assume it'd
> be easy. also, does
> anyone know if the threads can be cut down/resized?
> thanx.
>
> --
>  /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
> < o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com