rearview mirror hanger

I just scored a bunch of free parts this weekend, like a few switches, the
lower part of my dash, a glovebox *with a door*, a jack, and a rearview
mirror.  The mirror is where I have a question.  This just slides onto a
steel hanger that's attached to the window.  Is that little hanger a fairly
standard item for most cars, where I can get it at any parts store, or is it
a stealership item?  The PO removed it and put pimp tint over the area.

Where is it to be mounted?  I assume it's centered, but how far down from
the top of the windshield?

TIA!
Aaron
'84 Scirocco 8V